Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello

Hello, bloggers. This is my first post as a food blogger. I am not a "foodie", I like to cook, and I love to eat. I have two picky eaters to feed, so that has limited my menu. I have more cookbooks than necessary, and find new ones I need everyday.
My schedule limits my "real cooking". Most of what I do now falls into the category of Just throwing things together. My hope is to get back into real cooking and baking.
This morning my nephew called asking for Deviled Eggs, he's 12. Who can refuse that. So here we go....


Deviled Eggs (basic recipe)
4 boiled eggs
3 Tbls. mayo
1 tsp. Mustard
1/8 - 1/4 tsp. salt
dash black pepper
paprika

1. Take eggs and peel them.

2. Slice eggs along the long way, pop out the yolk into a bowl. Set
the whites into a tray.

3. Using a fork or pastry cutter break the yolks into small pieces. A
food processor works well for this.

4. Add all ingredients, except for paprika. Stir well.

5. Use a small spoon, or pastry bag, to fill egg white cavities with
the yolk mixture.

6. Sprinkle paprika over each egg. Chill before eating, overnight is
great. It gives the flavors a chance to meld.



This is only the beginning. From here any number of mix-in's can be added. Pickles, onions, anchovies, etc... Half of these eggs had
Cayenne pepper added to them. They were really good.
In my cookbook I have measurements for up to 24 eggs. They are always going to family gatherings.
Happy Cooking
Caren

No comments: