Sunday, October 2, 2011
Beef Stirfry with Veggies
Beef Stir fry with Veggies
Marinade: (not my recipe so here is the basis, you can figure out the measurements)
3 parts soy sauce
1) Mix marinade in a bowl, add beef. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
2) Prepare and chop all veggies. Once you start cooking you will not have time to cut anything up. It must be ready to go.
3) Heat wok or large pan to HIGH. Add 2Tbls of oil. Swirl around pan to coat.
4) Stir fry onions and peppers for 2 minutes. Add beef, reserve marinade, stir fry about 5 mins. Until the beef is cooked through. Keep stirring.
5) Remove beef and veggies with tongs and set aside. There should be a little liquid left, not to much. If a lot of liquid has accumulated pour it into a bowl. You can use it later.
6) Add 1 Tbls. oil and heat.
7) Add green onions and carrots. Stir fry 1 minute. Add broccoli and stir fry. Pour the reserved marinade into the wok. Stir fry a few times then cover with the lid. Let cook for 5 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked to desired tenderness. I like mine crunchy.
Serve with hot rice and egg rolls.